As you may know, I’m not one for making New Year’s resolutions. Why wait until January 1 to start improving yourself or your life? I’m really good at maintaining healthy new habits, when I feel motivated to do so. But my motivation can strike at any time. Plus, too many New Year’s resolutions are either too broad or too specific to stick. But this year, I’m motivated to make some Soul Resolutions for 2024, so here’s my list of 10.
For the sake of my spirit, my health, and my sanity, I resolve:
– To no longer compromise myself in order to please or serve others.
– To speak to myself with more kindness and compassion.
– To say “no” for no other reason than it just doesn’t feel right.
– To do daily grounding practices to pull me back into my body and out of my busy mind.
– To seek out more deep and meaningful conversations.
– To feel my emotions so they can move through me rather than getting stuck.
– To stop saying “I don’t have time for that,” and start believing I do.
– To stick to my rule of no negative work talk before 9:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
– To reframe my weaknesses as strengths.
– To honor all my Bursts of Brilliance whether they come to fruition or not.
I’d love to know, what are your soul resolutions this year?
If you like this post, please share and credit Teresa and Bursts of Brilliance for a Creative Life blog